Provides knowledge and skills to recognise the risks associated with hazardous substances and how to control them.
Level 2 Award in control of Substances Hazardous to Health (RQF)
This Level 2 Award in the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health has been accredited by the regulators of England and Ofqual and is part of the Qualifications and Credit Framework it is supported by Proskill, the Sector Skills Council for the process and manufacturing sector. The course is intended as an introduction to understanding the controls, procedures and precautions when dealing with substances hazardous to health.
- Understand the law relating to hazardous substances in the workplace
- Understand how risk assessments contribute to the safe use of hazardous substances in the workplace
- Understand the precautions and procedures necessary to ensure the risks associated with hazardous substances are properly controlled
This qualification is made up of one mandatory unit that learners must successfully complete in order to achieve the qualification. Our training utilises the very latest learning methods with special emphasis placed on student participation in interactive techniques and skills. Overall the aim of our training is to share knowledge and practical experience through tutor led sessions that build upon the experience so that all participants become confident the control of substances hazardous to health within in their specific work environment. The qualification is assessed by a 15 question multiple-choice examination. The duration of the examination is 30 minutes. Successful candidates must achieve a score of at least 10 out of 15.
We can deliver this training nationwide
• Price Available on Request
• 5 hours of practical and theoretical classroom activities
• Maximum of 12 per course