COVID 19 – Classroom Courses are currently being conducted virtually via Zoom. Please check with your Local Authority that they will accept a Virtual Disability Awareness Training Certificate before booking
The course aims to provide Taxi and Private Hire drivers with a knowledge and understanding of disabilities, their responsibilities and best practice protocols to provide safe and secure transport to all passengers.
This highly interactive Disability Awareness course is available to Taxi and Private Hire drivers.
The course aims to provide Hackney Carriage and Private Hire drivers with a knowledge and understanding of disabilities, their responsibilities and best practice protocols to provide safe and secure transport to all passengers. The candidate will be able to:
- Understand what is meant by the term disability
- Understand the law and legal requirements around disability
- Understand different types of disability
- Understand how to load and secure passengers and wheelchairs
- Understand best practice when interacting with a disabled passenger
- Understand the regulations about assistance dogs
- Understand their duty of care responsibilities and best practice protocols
Learning will be consolidated via Knowledge Check Questions throughout the course.
Due to social distancing this course is currently being delivered virtually via Zoom.
Book Disability Awareness Classroom Course
You will be redirected to the EventBright website
We regularly release new dates – If you cannot see a suitable date please return to the booking page in a couple of days.
• £40 (inclusive of VAT)
• 3.5 hour classroom session
• Certificate on successful completion
• Simple online booking