Gain a basic understanding of the principles relating to fire safety awareness.
HABC Level 1 Award in Fire Safety Awareness (QCF)
Persons gaining this qualification will know that fire safety is the responsibility of everyone in the workplace with recognition of the contribution they may have to prevent the starting and spread of fires. The qualification can be taken as a freestanding qualification or as part of a wider programme of training. The syllabus areas are designed to enable all candidates to contribute into the fire safety procedures in the workplace.
- State the main causes of fires in the workplace
- State duties and responsibilities in relation to fire safety
- Describe actions to be taken in the event of a fire
- List the key elements for effective fire risk management
- List active and passive fire control measures
This nationally accredited course is delivered using up-to-date and practical training, supplemented with completely new learning materials and specially developed interactive learning sessions where candidates will be provided with the latest principles relating to fire safety awareness. The training the course provides sets out to develop sound practical knowledge and understanding for day-to-day application in the workplace and prepares each participant for the level 1 qualification assessment. The qualification will be externally assessed by a 15 question multiple-choice examination. Successful candidates must achieve a score of 10 out of 15 in order to be awarded the award.
We can deliver this training nationwide
• Price Available on Request
• 5 hours of classroom content consisting of practical and theoretical activities
• Maximum of 12 per course
• For those wishing to understand the principles of basic fire safety awareness