COVID 19 – Classroom Courses are currently being conducted virtually via Zoom. Please check with your Local Authority that they will accept a Virtual Taxi Safeguarding Certificate before booking
In line with government recommendations in relation to compulsory safeguarding training for taxi and private hire drivers the Blue Lamp Trust has developed a Taxi Safeguarding classroom course in conjunction with Hampshire Constabulary.
This highly interactive classroom based Taxi Safeguarding course is available to taxi and private hire drivers.
The course aims to provide Taxi and Private Hire drivers with a knowledge and understanding of Safeguarding, their responsibilities and best practice protocols. The candidate will be able to:
- Understand what is meant by the term ‘safeguarding’
- Identify adults at risk and other vulnerable people
- Understand what is meant by Child Sexual and Criminal Exploitation, Human Trafficking, Modern Slavery and Domestic Abuse.
- Recognise types of abuse, associated signs and indicators.
- Identify suspicious activities.
- Know how, and the whom, they can report concerns.
- Understand their safeguarding responsibilities and best practice protocols.
Learning will be consolidated via an end of course pass or fail multiple choice Knowledge Check.
We currently deliver this course in Hampshire.
Please contact us to discuss options in other locations by clicking here.
Check out what other people are saying about our safeguarding course here.
Book Taxi Safeguarding Classroom Course
• £25 (inclusive of VAT)
• Police Approved Course
• 3 hour classroom session
• Certificate on successful completion
• Simple online booking